Thursday, November 13, 2008

Podcasting my way to mastery of English


http://en.yappr.com/welcome/VideoList.action



I have chosen this website because it is a good way to acquire more vocabulary , and improve my listening and reading skills.


This website is very easy to use . I can find the subtitles of each video next to them ; however I can try listening to the video without watching the subtitles to practice listening. In addition, the videos are very miscellaneous especially for every kind of people; for example, music, sports, celebrities, comedy, cartoons, news, nature, etc.


As a prospective teacher, I can say that we have to know a little bit about everything in order to teach our students and to make the classes more motivating for them because we have to have in mind that people have different interests and motivations for learning.


I really would like to use this website everyday since it is really useful for me owing to I can use it to learn English and to make my future classes.

1 comment:

Gina Petrie/CALE/ESLG said...

Carolina,
I do see a great variety here in what the videos available. I like that you have thought through how you can use them. Good luck!

Gina